Kins are the heart of the Kin app.
Being with other people is good for our emotional wellbeing. They make happy times more memorable and hard times more bearable. Usually, this is a state we naturally gravitate to.
And when it comes to human endeavour, 1+1=3. We can achieve collectively what we can’t alone. We complement each other’s skills and amplify each other’s ideas. Two imaginations and ideas are better than one.
Here's how to create your first Kin
- On your home screen, create your first Kin by selecting the pink + kin button top right.
TIP: You can also create your first Kin by tapping either the + new travel Kin, + new household Kin or + new everyday Kin tiles. Plus, you can also create your first Kin by selecting the big + button at the bottom and starting with an expense.
- On the following screen, give your Kin a name.
- Give your Kin a purpose, so that other that you invite know what it's for. You can always add this later from the Kin settings.
- On the next screen, you'll be prompted to Add someone, Share an invite link, or Do this later.
NOTE: To add people to the Kin, follow these steps. If you choose to add people individually, the Share invite link won't be available anymore. If you decide to Do this later, you can invite people from the Kin settings.
- Once you've added friends, or decided to add them later, you'll see a confirmation screen with all the Kin details, including the option to receiving push notifications. When you're happy, select Let's go.
TIP: Find out how to manage your Kin app push notifications.
- Once you've created your Kin, it'll display as a card on your main screen. Hooray. Start doing money, better together.